People Helping People
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." - 1 John 3:18
"If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honoured, every part rejoices with it." - 1 Cor. 12:26
People Helping People Ministry demonstrates God's love in tangible ways through providing home-cooked meals for families going through difficult times.
Our primary focus is on serving families in our congregation experiencing illness (themselves or family members) or a death in the family.
If you or if you know of a family in our congregation who would benefit from this ministry, please contact one of our pastors. Out of respect for the families, we will keep details confidential.
- Cooking Team: Our cooking team rotates preparing home-cooked meals. Generally, each team member will cook once every 6 weeks (one entree for up to 6 people).
- Delivery Team: For families who are not able to attend church on Sunday, our team will deliver.
If you are unable to commit to cooking regularly, please consider one of our other serving opportunities.
- Other Serving Opportunities: Several times a year, People Helping People supports the congregation by preparing encouragement gifts such as:
- Visitation Gift Packages
- Student Exam Survival Kits
- New Baby Gifts
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
If you are interested in helping out and serving in this ministry, please contact us.