Posted: Friday May 29, 2020 | 9:15 PM
An Update on our Building Completion Faith Journey – May 2020
In spite of the current COVID-19 pandemic, work has been continuing in the Building Completion Project. The following is the current information pertaining to what God is doing with the Project:
- The Development Permit has been issued by the City.
- We have retained Novacom Building Partners as our General Contractor to undertake the construction of the project. Novacom’s founder is a member of Peace Portal Alliance Church. The company’s philosophy and values align with what we want to see in our Project.
- Along with ph5, our architect, and Novacom, we have conducted ‘Pre-construction Services’ and ‘Value Engineering’ to ensure the construction costs are manageable and ‘value added’.
- In June, we are going into Tendering (the process by which bids are invited from interested subtrades to carry out specific construction work) with our final drawings. This is a crucial point in the process because we will find out the actual construction costs from all the subtrades.
- Our anticipated construction start is early July.
- Our loan application to Royal Bank of Canada is in process. Much negotiation is still needed to obtain the best financing arrangement.
- Offering to the Building Fund has slowed down in the last few months. As of April 30, 2020, we have received a total of $5.9 million.
Praise and Thanksgiving
- That work on the Building Completion Project can continue and is making progress.
- The work of ph5 (our architect) and Novacom (our general contractor) – we work very well with them. They understand our needs. Their work and advice are practical.
- The issuance of the Development Permit.
- Pray for the Elders Board and the Building Completion Committee to exercise faith and make wise decisions - that God will build His ‘house’ and have His way – “Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain.” Psalm 127:1
- Pray for the continued support from our congregations during this uncertain time. The focus of our Building Completion Project is on our call to be a church of all nations, transformed through Faith and Love in Christ – “Seek first His Kingdom and Righteousness.” Matthew 6:33
- Pray for the completion and final review of the drawings and have them ready for tendering. We want to minimize any costly changes during construction.
- Pray for the proper management of unforeseen issues during the planning and construction process.
- Pray for the tendering process – that God will assemble a team of contractors and subtrades who will do the construction skillfully and cost effectively.
- Pray for the timely issuance of the Building Permit.
- Pray for the management of the construction cost estimates.
- Pray for the approval of our financing with the best possible arrangements.